Abrahamson is Israel’s leading clinicin the field of weaning off smoking,
thanks to our 30 years of experience, and thousands of people who hear of us by word of mouth, come to us, and successfully stop smoking. The Abrahamson clinic uses a unique, natural method which was developed by Ehud Abrahamson. The treatment reduces the urge to smoke, and people who have undergone it are apathetic to, or repelled by, nicotine. The results speak for themselves and over 80% of our clients are weaned with just one treatment. The price of the treatment sessions is £450, and the price unconditionally includes unlimited additional stopping smoking sessions as necessary for a year, at ten treatment centres throughout Israel and a center in London. We operate one of Israel’s best support and guidance systems: a telephone staff providing personal support and guidance, a detoxification centre, a staff for nutritional guidance, and enrichment and empowerment workshops for smokers. The program includes full use of our range of services for a year.
Abrahamson is Israel’s leading clinicin the field of weaning off smoking,
Tips: Quit Smoking
If you quit smoking you can be a millionaire ! Don’t believe ? Paul Claireaux calculated that a basic rate tax payer who quit smoking a pack of cigarettes a day and invested the daily £8 savings would have a pension of £1,000,000 by the age of 65.
Drinking lot of water lowers the nicotine level in the blood and assists in cleaning the body from toxic. Drink a least 8 to 12 glasses of water every day.
- To those who wish to stop smoking, it’s recommended to eat food that’s rich in nutritional fiber, which promotes good digestion.
- Make a list of the reasons you wish to stop smoking on small pieces of paper, and put them in the places where you usually smoke.
- Water is crucial to cleansing the body. It’s recommended that you drink 2-3 liters a day, an amount which is approximately 3.5 % of your body weight.
- Make a list of 15 items that point to your strengths as a person, a friend, a spouse, a parent and as a professional. Include your small accomplishments and successes in life. When you’ve decided to stop smoking, reading this list from time to time will help you stick to your decision to take the first steps towards stopping to smoke.
- If you’ve stopped smoking, don’t walk around hungry! Instead of eating 3 large meals, it’s recommended to eat more, smaller meals, every three hours. Smoking compensates for hunger, so try to avoid feeling hungry. Stopping to smoke is easier when your hunger is satisfied. Of course, it’s important to eat healthy, nutritious food.
- When you stop smoking, the body detoxifies gradually, and expels toxins from within. As a result, it is possible that a large amount of phlegm will be expelled. Don’t worry! This is to be expected as a sign that your lungs are cleansing themselves. There are many medicinal plants and herbs that help to prevent excess mucous, such as garlic. (In general, garlic is good for preventing diseases in the respiratory tract.) It’s also recommended to take echinacea, ginger and za’atar (Syrian hyssop).
- Do you want to stop smoking but you’re afraid to gain weight? Although you can expect a minor gain of 2-3 kilos – which happens as the nicotine passes out of your system – this stage passes and your body balances itself after a few weeks. In any event, stopping smoking is a huge change, and it’s better to concentrate on this important step, and not on your weight, in the first weeks.
- If you feel confused, because on the one hand you want to stop smoking, and on the other, you like to smoke, don’t worry. You’re not alone! Actually, most people who are considering stopping smoking experience ambivalence, just like you. Everybody who smokes enjoys it. But that doesn’t mean you can’t stop!
- Don’t stick the label “addicted” onto yourself. Re-think the idea that you can’t stop. Who is stronger, you or your mind? What are you afraid of when you think of stopping? Make a list of your fears, and really look at it. Remember this: it’s natural that the fears are there, but actually they are a result of your thoughts – not necessarily of reality.
- Do you want to stop smoking all on your own? You can! It’s possible! Remember that after stopping, the body detoxifies, and you can help it to do so. Put an emphasis on drinking water, which is crucial to cleansing. Good, nutritious food, not snacks, is important, and avoid being hungry, as often cigarettes are used instead of food. Good luck!!
- Want to stop smoking but you’re afraid you simply can’t? Most of the people who have successfully stopped smoking were as doubtful and as skeptical as you……and they surprised themselves. Admit that you’re doubtful, but don’t let your doubt stop you from trying. Many people that are already weaned still don’t believe that they actually have done it, and you can be one of them.
- “Anger prevents man’s heart from goodness”. So what do you do with all the anger? The solution is not to release it in aggression, and not to internalize it. Until you can overcome it, when you address someone who has hurt you, remember to pay attention to the tone of your words. A calm speaking tone is very powerful. Express disagreements respectfully. Instead of arguing with others, solve the problem!
- You’ve assuredly heard remarks like, “when you’re rich, you’ll be happy”, or “when you find love, you’ll be happier”. People have a tendency to put off happiness until some future point in time, but exactly when is unknown. Happiness isn’t sitting somewhere on the horizon, it’s here now. A happy life is a serious matter. Start making the effort!
- Each morning, make a list of ten things in your life for which you are grateful. It doesn’t matter what they are. Or, prioritize them in order of importance. Try to include things that seem to you to be taken for granted, for without them life is much harder. In any event, be grateful. Your day will be much better, even before it has started!
Abrahamson Questions and Answers Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Question: Does The Abrahamson Center give refunds?
Answer: The Abrahamson Center does not give refunds. The good name and reputation of our company was built on fairness and transparency, and not on marketing slogans. The refunding of money under the slogan of “you don’t stop, you don’t pay” may help marketing and sales, but negatively affects the motivation and commitment of the client towards the treatment. That encourages failure, and encourages a return to smoking.
Sit quietly and close your eyes for a moment – what would happen if, when you walk out of your treatment, you were told that if you start smoking again, you’ll get a “prize”?
At the Abrahamson Center, you’ll be given individual treatment, along with our system of support, and the backing of our 52 treatment specialists, staff members, advisors, nutritional specialists, detoxification specialists, workshop leaders, and cooking and baking advisors. Should the need arise, additional treatments are available at no extra cost, no conditions and no limits, for an entire year.
All this, and we’re available every day, from 9:00am to 9:00 pm, with the expectation of 100% success – a system like no other in Israel!
Question: It’s just before my treatment. Is there anything I need to do or to buy?
Answer: When weaning off of sugar and gluten, there isn’t a drastic change in diet. Of course, it’s recommended to make sure that there are certain ingredients that are handy, such as: eggs, dairy products, meats, fish, a variety of legumes (lentils, garbanzo beans/hummous, beans, mung beans, split peas, etc.), fruit, vegetables, and grains that are gluten-free (quinoa, buckwheat or kasha, amaranth, millet, sorghum, rice, sweet potatoes, etc.). For the first month, it’s recommended that you purchase crunchy buckwheat crackers, and a sweetener such as sucrose, agave syrup, stevia, maple syrup or date honey – all without added sugar, of course.
Question: I suffer from constipation. What should I do?
Answer: Nutrition that’s sugar free and gluten free returns our body’s digestive system to its correct, healthy state. For years, we have gotten our bodies used to mostly processed foods, and it follows that as we switch to natural, unprocessed nutritional ingredients we will experience digestive difficulties.
These are normal changes that initially appear as we change our diet. As we become accustomed to better, healthier food, these difficulties will disappear. In the meantime, you can increase your liquid intake, and that of food that has nutritional fiber (vegetables, legumes, grains, flax seeds, anise seeds, and prune juice. You can even blend prune juice and flax seeds, and soak them overnight in boiling water). Reduce the amount of crackers you eat, eat more fresh fruit, even after meals. For more advice, please contact the nutritional treatment advisor at the Center.
Question: What kind of sweets can be eaten as alternatives to regular sugar?
Answer: At the Abrahamson Center, we recommend healthy nutrition beyond weaning off of sugar and gluten. Artificial sweeteners can be used within this framework, but we don’t recommend them. Artificial sweeteners are not chemically recognized by our bodies, and therefore negatively affect a wide variety of body processes.
Natural sweeteners that are considered acceptable for use are:
Fruit sugar (sucrose)
Grape sugar (fructose)
Date honey (silan)
* Don’t forget to check the labels of every product listed here, to make sure that no sugar has been added to the original product. Products with added sugar are not used!!!
Sweeteners not allowed for use (disaccharides):
Molasses ( a processed product of cane sugar)
Question: Why is there a separation of carbohydrates and proteins?
Answer: When these two substances are combined, the carbohydrates inhibit the digestion of the proteins, which slows down the digestive process and causes weight gain. It also cause alcohol and fermentation in the stomach and causes a feeling of tiredness, and bloating in the stomach. During a meal, meat, chicken or fish is eaten, eggs are eaten only with vegetables, or grains and legumes with only vegetables.
Question: What’s gluten?
Answer: Gluten is a protein found in wheat, barley, rye, oats, semolina, couscous, wheat germ, unleavened flour, bulgur, malt, and of course, all of the products which are made from these ingredients. When we ingest gluten we create a layer of a glue-like substance that coats the intestines, and is an obstacle to the absorption of nutrients through the intestines into the body.
Eating gluten causes many problems, such as:
Pimples and skin rashes
Weight gain, and many more results that are caused by the side effects of eating gluten.
Many of those treated arrive at the Center wishing to wean off of sugar and gluten discover that avoiding gluten in their diets solves health problems that had proved difficult to address within conventional medicine.
Question: Is this a diet?
Answer: Weaning off of sugar and gluten with the Abrahamson Center is not a diet.
The word “diet” literally means a specific menu – at the Abrahamson Center, nutritional weaning includes guidance and advice for healthy, correct eating.
There are many diets around today – diets that cannot be sustained over time because of their many restrictions. Weaning at the Abrahamson Center is geared to fit in with our lives for the long term. The Center’s way of eating is not in opposition to our regular lives, but is in addition to it – a way of weaning from certain things that comfortably blends with our lives and doesn’t radically restrict us.
It’s important to understand that we’re talking about a healthier, more correct way of life, and as a result of better treatment of our bodies, our bodies respond positively, without becoming stressed from radical nutritional changes for the single purpose of a weight loss diet.
Question: How much does the treatment cost?
Answer: The cost of treatment is £450. The treatment package includes full use of the wide variety of services available at the Abrahamson Center: We provide comprehensive support for consultation, support, and personal accompaniment of each person. Immediate telephone support is available every day until 04:00 pm, and on Friday until 12:00 pm.